Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Grant Morrison's Superman Saga: Part I

Ever since I wrote my CBR column on the finale of "All-Star Superman," Andy Khouri has been chanting in my ear, "Morrison's Superman Timeline. Morrison's Superman Timeline." So rather than just list the stories, in order of continuity, that would make up an exclusively Morrison version of the Superman Saga, I'm taking everyone through a tour of Morrison's Superman Universe.

Basically, it works like this: If every Morrison Superman story counts, and it's all part of one larger story, what is that story?

I take you through it step-by-step this week in a three part series running at CBR. The first part was posted today, as I explore the events of "All-Star Superman" #6 through Morrison's work on the UK "Superman Annual" and onward through "Animal Man" and "Doom Patrol."

Check it out, and look for Part II later this week, with my focus on Superman's role in Morrison's "JLA" stories (tomorrow, maybe?).

2 comments:

Streeborama said...

Great idea, Tim! I can't wait to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Liked the first part. How many parts are we looking at here? I've got an idea for the Superman Canon.