Friday, July 18, 2008

Scalped #19 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Scalped #19, about which I write the following sentences: "After last issue's done-in-one look at Officer Falls Down, Jason Aaron and new artist Davide Furno begin a new story arc called 'Boudoir Stomp.' You can imagine what kind of love story it is with a title like that and coming from the mind of Jason Aaron. If you've never read a Jason Aaron story before (and you're crazy not to), then think of it this way: it's savage and twisted and hopeless, but that doesn't stop anyone from trying. That pretty much encapsulates the world in which these characters live. Stuck on the Rez, they seek escape, but no matter how much they want it -- no matter what they're willing to give up to leave -- the Rez drags them back in."

Read the entire review HERE.

2 comments:

Chad Nevett said...

Hey, you ever read that Buy Pile column over at CBR? This week, Scalped didn't make his "buy pile," and was ranked "read in the shop" because, while a fantastic book, it's "depressing." Christ. I don't know why I read that column other than the bitter laughter such opinions produce.

Timothy Callahan said...

No comment.

(But, yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Exactly. So, I guess I do have a comment.)