Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Immortal Iron Fist #17 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Immortal Iron Fist #17, about which I write the following sentences: "The preview pages released earlier this year haven't done justice to Foreman's work. He's entered a new phase in his career, moving away from more traditional shapes and figure drawing (as seen in his excellent work on 'Ares' or in the pages of earlier 'Immortal Iron Fist' issues) and toward a much more expressionistic line (seen, in rushed form, in an issue of DC's 'The Search for Ray Palmer'). His work in 'Immortal Iron Fist' #17 is passionate and energetic, a style I can only describe as Leinil Yu meets early Jae Lee. I happen to like the style a lot, and it's a great fit for an Iron Fist comic, which is all about dynamic action and foreboding."

Read the entire review HERE.

1 comment:

Chad Nevett said...

The issue was pretty decent. I didn't like the art at all, but the writing was better than I expected. I'm glad I stuck with this book.

Also, the shop had a copy of Omega the Unknown #10 this week. WHOO!