Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Grant Morrison: The Early Years in July Previews

As Greg Burgas mentioned yesterday at CSBG, Grant Morrison: The Early Years is listed in the July Previews! That means your local comic shop can order you a copy--and not just a copy, but a revised and slightly expanded version with a cover that's also revised and expanded (well, the picture is expanded--you'll see). Click on the link below to see the new cover and the listing in the online version of Previews.

Order yours today: Grant Morrison: The Early Years

7 comments:

Marc Caputo said...

I'm starting to ape your routine - getting up early to read and blog.

How much new stuff is in the revised edition?

Timothy Callahan said...

Re: the new edition.

I corrected some of my dumbass mistakes where I misread my notes and attributed lines of dialogue to the wrong people.

And Julian wanted to add the 2000AD essay I wrote for CSBG, so that's in there as well now.

Basically I fixed about a dozen mistakes of various sorts (typos, etc) and there is that one really short chapter added.

Marc Caputo said...

Then I'll stay with my original 2007 NYCC copy - and ignore the dumbass mistakes.

Timothy Callahan said...

Oh, well, of course. I mean, you have the limited edition NYCC edition, probably signed! Those dumbass mistakes just make it MORE valuable.

Actually, you should probably get the revised version of the book for a "reading copy" and preserve that first edition under some kind of airtight plastic slabs. Suitable for framing.

Chad Nevett said...

The dumbass mistakes are my favourite things about the book!

Marc Caputo said...

Actually, I think I kind of insulted you at NYCC. I was talking to you and picked up the book and you asked if I wanted it signed and I declined it.

I just didn't want to look like I was starstruck...

Timothy Callahan said...

Good--then your copy is even more rare!