Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back Issue #29: Greatest Stories Never Told

I don't know about you, but I've been reading Michael Eury's Back Issue magazine for years. It's a nice blend of interviews and features, all dealing with the glorious Bronze Age of comics.

Not only does the newest issue, Back Issue #29, sport a cover by the legendary Dave Cockrum, but it also has an article by some Timothy Callahan guy who tells you all about a couple of the "The Greatest Stories Never Told."

Find out the connection between Nightmare, Mystique, and Nightcrawler. Find out about how the mighty Apocalypse was supposed to be someone less, um, mighty. Someone like, say, the Owl. The Owl, you ask? Yes, the Owl!

Speaking of mighty, the grand overlord of Comics Should Be Good, Mr. Brian Cronin, inspired my exploration of these ideas, and while I included a thank you to him at the end of the article, I'd like to thank him again here. Like his blog, he is also good.

Anyway, find out what luminaries like Roger Stern, Bob Harras, and Butch Guice (among others) had to say about all things Never Told inside the fancy pages of Back Issue #29.

You might even find out a little something about an untold Madrox story. That's right! Madrox, the Multiple Man! (That's something you won't find in The New Yorker.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading you at Back Issue #29 and on the blog. Always nice to read good discussions

Greg said...

Damn it. I keep forgetting to subscribe to Back Issue. Thanks for reminding me to do so.

Cahya said...

What a great blog.
Would you mind to give your advice for my blog.
Thanks before and enjoy your blog.