Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hulk #5 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Hulk #5, about which I write the following sentences: "I'd just like to point out once again that in the last issue, the Red Hulk punched the Watcher in the face. Literally. That should tell you everything you need to know about this series. Some of you might be thinking, 'that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.' Others may be thinking, 'that's awesome. The smug bastard had it coming.' I'm with the latter group. I don't know what a "Hulk" comic should be, but this one is dumb and fun and I'm completely on board."

Read the entire review HERE.

5 comments:

James said...

My problem is, the dumb and fun are completely separate. Jeph Loeb supplies execrable, pseudo-self-conscious dumb writing, while Ed McGuinness' art is so fun I have to keep buying the crummy thing.

Timothy Callahan said...

Right, but Loeb gives McGuinness room to work!

James said...

So did Grant Morrison!

Chad Nevett said...

That sounds retarded. And not in the good way.

Anonymous said...

I just feel like lately, a script for a Loeb comic is probably 2 pages long for a 22 page comic...just roughs for the artist to fill in. And its always, mystery, fists, then obvious resolution or out of left field solution. Mystery in place of thought out plot (like a nineties X-Men comic).

Sure, some of its geek fun, but it SHOULD be so much better.

Though, I did read the issue (JMS has me hooked on Thor), and I have to say I don't compleeeeetely disagree with your review.