Monday, August 18, 2008

Standard Attrition: Where It's At

I'm not a big message board guy. I pop into Barbelith now and then, and go to the CBR forums sometimes (and once I get my "When Words Collide" board, I'll be there a lot more), and post here and there if people link to this blog, just so I keep up appearances. But the board I visit most often is the Standard Attrition board, started by Jason Aaron, but now featuring a bevy of Vertigo creators like Brian Wood, Azz, Davis Lapham, Cliff Chiang, Jock, and G. Willow Wilson.

Willow's board--with newly appointed Co-Moderator, Tim Callahan--is now, officially, where it's at. Whatever "it" is, come and talk about it with Willow. Let's get the discussion going about it. Let's run it into the ground and then resurrect it only to mock it. Let's discuss why it's so important. Let's talk comics, life, politics, fear, lightsabers, Derrida, and why it all matters/doesn't matter at all.

Join us, won't you?

Willow's Standard Attrition Message Board: Meeting Your Discussion Needs Since 2008.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I see you're spreading the word about the utter hilarity of Mother Goose & Grimm...

I'm still going "WHAT?!" about that. I had to share it with a bunch of people including you because I just wasn't sure I believed that I was actually seeing it. I told someone else, it is Johnny Hart turning a menorah into a cross crazy.

Chad Nevett said...

I gave up message boards a few years back after five years of posting steadily on them. If I were to return, it would be to one you ran, but... No, I'm much happier message board-free. Much happier.

Bill Reed said...

Seriously. You're the Internet Conqueror. Soon there will be hooded men with axes coming around the house, telling me to pay my Callahan Tax.