Friday, August 29, 2008

Immortal Iron Fist #18 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Immortal Iron Fist #18, about which I write the following sentences: "I'm sure people are going to have problems with the art in this comic. I know they are, because I've read the complaints about the last issue. But I love what Travel Foreman's doing here. His new style, which I termed last month as a kind of Lenil-Yu-meets-early-Jae Lee mash-up, is vibrant and expressive and makes this comic look like nothing else on the shelf right now. While David Aja's work on earlier issues added grace and beauty to the kung-fu follies, Foreman turns this book into a stylish midnite movie full of exaggerated kicks and craggy figures. It's a perfect match for Duane Swierczynski's script, which traffics in mysticism and destiny but largely concerns itself with gritty, personal violence. This story may be about a magical creature that kills Iron Fists, but it feels like a brutal knife fight in the back alleys."

Read the entire review HERE.

No comments: