Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Patsy Walker: Hellcat #2 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Northlanders #8, about which I write the following sentences: "I enjoyed Kathryn Immonen's first spin with the Hellcat character -- in the 'Marvel Presents' anthology -- but that zany romp in no way foreshadowed where she'd take the character in this series. If you missed the first issue, and I hope you didn't, Patsy Walker's been tapped -- by Tony Stark, no less -- to commandeer the Initiative team in Alaska. And by 'commandeer,' I mean, 'be the only member of.' What Immonen does so well is to take the previous incarnations of the character and roll them together into one ball of fancy fun. Patsy Walker, the fashion model? Check. Patsy Walker, the Defender and/or Avenger? Check. Patsy Walker, the lady-with-the-magic-sensing-powers? Check.

"It's just such a fun comic to read."

Read the entire review HERE.

No comments: