Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ambush Bug: Year None #2

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Ambush Bug: Year None #2, about which I write the following sentences: "So I winced a bit every few pages, and I'm sure that's the point. But I think Ambush Bug, as a character and as a concept, works best when he's goofing on DC's ridiculous continuity, or lack thereof. And some of those bits are quite amusing, like when Ambush Bug proudly adopts the mantle of Rick Starr, Space Ranger. Or when he confronts the maniacal Go-Go Chex. Or when he asks Ted Kord for an autograph at an inopportune time (hmm, he seems to be having some kind of argument with Maxwell Lord, I wonder what -- oh my god, NOOOOOOO!!!). Luckily the 'Comics Code Authority' sticker jumps into the panel to protect us from the gore, yelling 'not in front of the children.' That stuff, I like. Maybe you'll find the gay jokes funnier. There's something to offend everyone, really."

Read the entire review HERE.

No comments: