Saturday, August 23, 2008

Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. #32 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. #32 about which I write the following sentences: "So the conclusion of the four-issue arc, as heavy-handed (pardon the pun) as it is -- with its imagery of Tony Stark's guilt (as the ghosts of the dead literally hover over him in the final panel) -- just feels like a morality tale from another era. Like Denny O'Neil preaching to us about the evils of racism, or Chris Claremont telling us that blind hatred is destructive. I suppose there's room for such storytelling in 2008. Perhaps the moral lesson is intended for younger readers, but my son has sampled some of this recent arc and come away bored. It's not the Iron Man he knows, with the flippant demeanor and the race car driver enthusiasm. It's a serious Iron Man, heavy with regret."

Read the entire review HERE.

No comments: