Sunday, November 30, 2008

Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4 about which I write the following sentences: "Removing Black Bolt from the story, and having him strapped up to a Skrull contraption for most of the four issues, is kind of a genius way to explore the family dynamic within the Inhumans. I think one of the problems with the Inhumans, as a concept, is that Black Bolt's presence in any Inhumans story tends to be a life-sucking void. Black Bolt is a great character -- a great visual presence -- but since he cannot speak, we usually get scenes where the rest of the Inhumans defer to Black Bolt, and then…silence. By removing Black Bolt from the center of attention, the Inhumans all become more inherently interesting, and Pokaski gives Medusa some amazingly powerful scenes in this issue."

Read the entire review HERE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gotta love those twister sinews! I like when you can see the front of a woman's face and still see her derrierre straight on. They like to draw both faces and butts on the same figure I guess.

These characters were the best in the Kirby days, but I liked the Jae Lee mini-series and the one Ladronn drew. The Son of M series made me kind of hate them.

I'll keep my eye out for this one -- sounds good. They are characters I want to like.