Saturday, November 08, 2008

Fishtown Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Fishtown, about which I write the following sentences: "'Fishtown' tells the ripped-from-the-headlines story of the brutal murder of a Philadelphia teenager, told in an elliptical, non-linear fashion. It's not a mystery story, or a detective drama. We know who did it almost right away, although as the story unfolds we learn more about whom they did it to, if not why. But the why is the big question, as 'Fishtown' becomes a series of confessionals, flashbacks, and discussions that ultimately explore the nature of evil."

Read the entire review HERE.

(This book is so great, I tracked down the elusive Kevin Colden for a CBR interview -- look for it within the next week.)

1 comment:

Kris Krause said...

I really liked seeing you review a smaller book that is neither a big 2 book nor a superhero book. I think I may be coming down with the "superhero blues" lately and I'd like to diversify my comic collection a bit more, so keep reviews of books like this coming!