Saturday, October 11, 2008

Young Liars #8 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Young Liars #8, about which I write the following sentences: "'Young Liars' #8 continues the trend of the deranged and impossible, but the actual events of the issue are tempered by a narration that may explain something about the larger scope of the series. Or maybe not. It's impossible to say if Lapham is aiming for a true sci-fi world of wonder, or if these screwed up characters have lost all sense of reality. Is Sadie in a coma, dreaming about spiders from mars? Is Annie an agent of an alien power? Is there more to Danny than we ever expected? Lapham raises these questions directly, but makes us suspicious of the answers based on the context. He's created a series of unreliable narrators in 'Young Liars' -- which is no surprise, I guess, given the very title of the series -- but in doing so, he has created the kind of Vertigo series we haven't seen in years."

Read the entire review HERE.

1 comment:

Chad Nevett said...

I wouldn't call this my favourite ongoing series, but it's definitely in my top three.