Friday, October 17, 2008

R. J. Brande Was Actually the Martian Manhunter!

You may have missed this, but KC Carlson, former Legion of Super-Heroes editor during the Reboot era, stopped by and made the following comment after my recent annotations for Legion of Three Worlds #2:
BTW, did I ever tell you that, in the Legion reboot, our R.J. Brande was actually the Martian Manhunter? We waited too long to reveal it and then Dan Raspler (JLA editor) wouldn't let us do it because it might screw up J'onn.

At this late date, I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not, but we did plant some clues. (And don't forget, he was at Garth and Imra's wedding LONG before we ever got close to the book.)
That would have put an interesting spin on events, no? I would have loved to see J'onn J'onzz alongside the teenagers from the future.

Thanks, KC!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would've been the coolest thing ever.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember this era, although this is the first confirmation that I've ever seen from DC Editorial that Brande really was J'onn. There were certainly enough clues, although there was nothing definitively clear to say it was J'onn as opposed to some other Martian. I liked the idea, though.

Anonymous said...

I do remember that J'onn was part of the crowd in the spash page of the wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel. I never did figure out why.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're right, it WAS Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel's wedding, not Garth and Imra's

Fuzzy brain... too many white-events!