Thursday, October 09, 2008

When Words Collide: The Best Graphic Novel You've Never Heard Of

In this week's edition of "When Words Collide," I take a look at Ben Balistreri's OGN, "Seaweed: A Cure for Mildew," which I hyperbolically declare to be "The Best Graphic Novel You've Never Heard Of."

Obviously, I don't know what you've heard of, and maybe you don't know about tons of other great graphic novels either, but I can't solve all of life's problems for you. I mean, really, put in some effort on your own. Educate yourself, right? Come on!

But "Seaweed" is a pretty good little book. Only it's not little. It's huge, like one of those oversized Chris Ware Acme issues. Except hardcover. And less sad.

So go read my newest column, and then, I don't know, do whatever you want after that. I'm not the boss of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention -- I'll have to check it out.