Friday, April 25, 2008

Trinity...

I'm not a huge Busiek fan (although I like Astro City) and I don't think Mark Bagley's an interesting artist at all, and Countdown has scarred me for life.

But I think I might pick up Trinity after all. The new house ads in this week's DC comics may have pushed me in that direction.

Someone please talk some sense into me. (Although if everyone tells me NOT to buy it, that will make me want to buy it even more, so I don't know if you'll be able to talk me out of it no matter what you say.)

Still, do you think there's any chance it could be a good comic?

6 comments:

Marc Caputo said...

I don't know if this'll help - but I am DEFINITELY out on this one - maybe trades if the buzz is good. I like Busiek a LOT and Bagley's got speed as well as being good. But the fact that there's backups tells me a) they're just stuffing shit in to pad out the length of an issue and warrant something coming out and b)they don't have a real story to tell, or at least a full year story to tell.

Anyway, I'm done. My pull list is shrinking, but my the qual/quan ratio is improving, as far as I can tell.

Anonymous said...

Even if you like Busiek and Bagley, I just can't imagine 12 pages a week being satisfying in any way.

Especially if those 12 pages aren't just self-contained super-short stories.

Chad Nevett said...

Little to no interest. Busiek is very hit-or-miss for me, while Bagley doesn't wow me.

Also, this weird hard-on DC's had the past few years trying to somehow convince us that Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman make up some elite group bores me. I keep wanting to write Dan Didio letters that go like this...

To: Dan Didio
From: Chad Nevett
Re: Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman as Trinity

Dan--

Yeah. And. So. What?

Love,
Chad

Matthew E said...

Trinity could be okay, sure. But even 52 wasn't that good.

Timothy Callahan said...

I didn't even like Matt Wagner's "Trinity"...

marcwrz said...

countdown was so bad, not only am I skipping Trinity, I'm waiting on trade for Final Crisis.

DC has officially burned me.