Monday, March 09, 2009

The Mighty #2 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: The Mighty #2, about which I write the following sentences: "But this isn't a miniseries. It's an ongoing, or at least it's scheduled to be one. And a non-Vertigo, outside-of-the-DCU-proper superhero comic seems to have little chance of long-term survival in this marketplace. Yet this one certainly deserves a chance. I say, let's support it while it lasts, and maybe enough of us will do that so the series will get a chance to develop fully. So that the seeds planted in the first couple of issues will grow into something majestic"

Read the entire review HERE.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's an ongoing, but Tomasi and Champagne are treating the first 12 issues as a "season", much like Sleeper. So if it doesn't last, at least the story will get a chance at resolution.

You know, I think they should have taken it to somewhere other than DC. Sure, you're in the front of the catalog, but...

Timothy Callahan said...

I think they probably wanted to get paid for their work, though. Getting paid for work is always nice. (But if it lasts past issue #12 I will be shocked! I hope it does, but still...)

Then again, Simon Dark made it well past 12 issues. Okay,not well past. But past.

Anonymous said...

Simon Dark is cancelled? I only read one issue, but I was planning on getting back to it. Maybe now Hampton can go give the Bat-books some decent art.

Timothy Callahan said...

Simon Dark #18 -- scheduled for tomorrow -- is the last issue.

Keith Champagne and Tom Nguyen said...

Thanks for the review. Glad you're enjoying the book so far. Keep with it, lots of twists and turns ahead.

Champagne