Thursday, March 19, 2009

Finally! Jeff Lemire's Vertigo Ongoing Announced

Jeff Lemire told me he had a Vertigo ongoing greenlit back when I ran into him at San Diego last summer. And it's FINALLY been officially announced.

It's called "Sweet Tooth" and, according to Lemire's own press release, the series tells the story of Gus, "a young boy born with deer-like antlers. He has lived his entire life in total isolation in the woods with his Father. As our story begins Gus' is finally forced to leave their forest sanctuary and begins experiencing the outside world for the first time. What he finds out there is beyond his comprehension; an American landscape decimated a decade earlier by a mysterious disease. Even more remarkable is that Gus is part of a rare new breed of human/animal hybrid children who have emerged in its wake, all apparently immune to the infection. The boy is soon taken in by Jepperd, a hulking drifter who promises to lead Gus to 'The Preserve' a fabled safe-haven for hybrid children. Along the way a larger mystery surrounding the origins of the hybrids begins to unfold, with Gus and Jepperd at its center."

Sounds pretty cool to me, and I'm curious to see how Lemire's work looks in full color.

Newsarama interviewed him about "Sweet Tooth" over HERE if you're interested, though the first half just cuts and pastes Lemire's own press release into an answer. (Or maybe Lemire himself did that. Who knows.)

1 comment:

Chad Nevett said...

I know if my press release gave all the necessary answers, I'd cut and paste. But I'm an ass. And lazy.