Monday, February 09, 2009

Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #3 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #3, about which I write the following sentences: "And it's also about introducing the Legion of Super-Heroes to a generation of readers who may never have understood why a group of teenagers from the future with silly names has such a loyal fanbase. It's about making the Legion cool again, but not by adding cybernetic arms (Lightning Lad sported one of those before Cable was even in diapers, anyway) or tough guy language ('sprock' is about as hardcore as it gets) or ultra-violence (death and dismemberment has been part of this seemingly innocent team since the early days, too). Geoff Johns makes the Legion cool again by embracing the Legion concept, and then putting George Perez to work drawing it all in eye-popping detail."

Read the entire review HERE.

3 comments:

Michael said...

No time for Annotations this issue?


word verification: "fackt", which is the sound Wolverine makes when he's proving a point.

Timothy Callahan said...

I totally missed the window of opportunity on that one. I didn't even get my issue until Monday and you have had yours up for almost a week already.

You = awesomer than me.

BUT, it will bother me that I have annotations for #1 and #2, and probably #3 and #4, so I just might do them anyway, maybe with more of my commentary and less of my pointing out "hey, that guy who is referred to as Neutrax is a guy named Neutrax."

PLUS, you linked to me assuming I'd have annotations, and who am I to let you down? (So, maybe I'll do them over the weekend!)

Timothy Callahan said...

I meant I'll probably have them for #4 and #5.

I still have Con lag.