Friday, January 09, 2009

Wolverine: Switchback #1 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Wolverine: Switchback #1, about which I write the following sentences: "I'm not familiar with the work of Joseph Clark or Das Pastoras, but I like their approach in this comic. Pastoras uses a fully-painted style that I can best describe as Richard Corben meets Frank Quitely meets pastel colors. Some of the faces get a bit wonky (especially Logan's face from certain angles), but the lush backgrounds and clean compositions make up for any anatomical strangeness. Pastoras's style meshes perfectly with the western-themed story by Clark. In essence, it's a wild west tale with a modern spin."

Read the entire review HERE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Before I read your review, I thought, "That was what was lacking in the Marvel Universe -- another Wolverine book!" (he said sarcastically).

After reading your description of the art, I'll definitely look it over. There needs to be more chances taken with the art in comics -- and more one-shots! I think more new readers would come to comics if picking up a comic book didn't require a lifetime commitment to get the back story.