Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For the Record: Final Crisis #7

My WWC column on "Final Crisis" was submitted a few minutes ago, and I don't know if it will make it to the CBR main page today or not, but here's something I wrote in an e-mail to Chad Nevett yesterday:
Captain Adam's "No dualities. Only symmetries" line seems to be the key to the whole thing. Hence Libra for Balance, and hence all the apparent dualities throughout the FC series itself.

I think FC #7 will end with darkness fusing with light, perhaps Darkseid's energy form literally fusing with that of, say, a Flash(?) and bringing forth the Fifth World more completely.

Or something completely different.

But symmetrical.

And it will end with Anthro.
I was right about some of it, at least.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Final Crisis = Train wreck. The IGN reviews hit it on the head.

So many great ideas, so little execution.

Timothy Callahan said...

Wow, Anonymous. Every sentence you wrote is wrong. Nicely consistent.

Matt Jacobson said...

Hey Tim - all joking aside, please go look at my blog. I wrote a really quick reaction to FC. Bear in mind, the people I had in kind when I wrote it aren't exactly Anonymous up there, but more the casual, average comic book fan who just can't understand why Batman had such an underwhelming death.

Also, Boo Northlanders.

Matt Jacobson said...

kind = mind

Anonymous said...

I've never known IGN to hit anything on the head.

I enjoyed Final Crisis immensely.