Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Review: Impaler #3

Here's a comic I didn't know anything about when I got the .pdf from Top Cow to review, but I was so impressed with "Impaler" #3 that I asked if I could take a look at the first two issues, and then ordered the collected edition of Volume 1 from Amazon.

So, yeah, it's a very good comic.

I'm mostly impressed with artist Matt Timson who uses a mixed-media style to make this comic look unlike anything else from the Top Cow line. Timson's a damned good artist, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him working on higher profile projects before long. "Impaler" is pretty cool, though, and as long as he's working on it, I'll be interested in reading the series.

Check out my CBR review and see what Vlad is up to these days: Impaler #3

2 comments:

Comic Bob said...

Amazon? I know I am splitting hairs here, but was a friendly little comic shop not able to satisfy your needs? Partly kidding, partly serious.
I have been enjoying your blog and CBR columns by the way.

Timothy Callahan said...

One Click is ever so powerful.