Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Another Brief Hiatus

Personal issues have kept me from posting, and I won't be back on the "daily update" bandwagon for another week or so. I will be fulfilling my CBR responsibilities for now and posting on Twitter here and there.

There's really nothing all that exciting in comics these days anyway, is there?

(Note: I do plan on catching up with my "Legion of 3 Worlds" annotations sometime this month, and I've been reading a lot of comics each week, even if I haven't been writing much about them. So stay tuned for plenty of Geniusboy Firemelon thoughts on comics in coming weeks.)

9 comments:

Vanja said...

Well, "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century"#1 comes out today.

Timothy Callahan said...

A comic my shop failed to order.

Timothy Callahan said...

I'll just read Brecht and the entirety of late-Victorian, early-Modern fiction and imagine what it would be like filtered through Moore and O'Neill, instead.

Vanja said...

Try coercing Jog into sending you the b&w PDF he got for the review purposes:)

http://joglikescomics.blogspot.com/2009/02/song-of-insufficiency-of-human.html

Timothy Callahan said...

Oh, I can get access to pretty much anything on pdf these days, but I don't want to read it that way!

Nick said...

Hey Tim,
Hope your catch-up week goes well. I enjoyed your review of Free Comic Book Day over at CBR. If you have an opportunity, go check out our very different reviews of the day at http://www.shelfbound.com (scroll down to last Sunday). This is our fourth week for the site and we're pretty proud of it.

Smitty

james arlemagne said...

tim, don't blame the store - blame diamond for saying it was this week.
Next week people! - never believe what a monopoly tells you. James

Timothy Callahan said...

I stand corrected. Diamond is to blame. James is awesome!

Mike Phillips said...

There are some Dark Tower comics you could check out.