Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Short Break From Posting

You may have noticed that I've slipped from the daily update schedule I had maintained for the past year. Well, I just don't have a whole lot to say about comics right now that can't be said in my four-to-six CBR reviews and my weekly "When Words Collide" column. And since I've jumped to Twitter, if I have a little comment to make, I'll probably just make it there, rather than spending time developing it into a full blog post.

So, other than a discussion with Chad Nevett on this year's Eisner nominees (which will probably run tonight or tomorrow), I will take a TWO WEEK VACATION from posting here, but I will return at the end of the month with updates and new posts galore.

Those two weeks off from regular posting will let me recharge my comic book commentary batteries and give me a chance to see what I really feel like writing about. Because I get the sense that I'm not the only one who has less to say about comics these days. There's kind of a lull now, isn't there, and the only recourse seems to be to go deeply into the Humanoids back catalog or just step away for a couple of weeks until things start getting interesting again?

3 comments:

Chad Nevett said...

I understand the need for this quite well. The short breaks I've taken in the past have helped a lot--and that was before I had the reviewing gig (and, now, posting as CSBG...). Christ, I need a break.

Vanja said...

I admire people who can post about comics every day. I prefer the pick and choose method to both reading and writing about comics.

Matt Jacobson said...

Not that people have been sobbing about the lack of activity at my blog but I took a week or two off that has extended to a month because I simply haven't read anything lately that drove me to write about it at any length.