Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Apocryphal Continuity

From Grant Morrison's recent Newsarama interview: "the best I can do is suggest that the somewhat contradictory depictions of Orion and Darkseid’s last-last-last battle that we witnessed in Countdown and DOTNG recently were apocryphal attempts to describe an indescribable cosmic event."

I like the idea that all of the crappy comics in recent memory were just apocryphal stories, created by those who lacked the intellect to comprehend the cosmic. I can support that. Now I can enjoy Final Crisis without thinking about Countdown at all.

Okay, I'll admit it, I forgot about Countdown the week after it ended, even without Morrison's blessing.

But at least now we all have a new term to apply: "apocryphal continuity."

What else should be considered apocryphal continuity?

4 comments:

seth hurley said...

if you can't see the forest for the trees, it's apocryphal continuity.

Kris Krause said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Timothy Callahan said...

Why? I have never read any of their Nightwing stuff, and I'm curious to know why you think it should be apocryphal.

Kris Krause said...
This comment has been removed by the author.