Friday, May 09, 2008

The Black Glove is...

Okay, I woke up this morning and the first thing that popped into my head was, "The Black Glove isn't Alfred--that's too obvious. The Black Glove is Thomas Wayne, Jr.!"

I wasn't even thinking at all about Morrison's Batman last night. I went to my son's school concert. I read a bunch of this week's comics. Wrote a review for CBR. Watched CSI with my wife.

But my subconscious must have been working it out, because I awoke knowing exactly who the Black Glove would turn out to be.

The forgotten brother of Bruce Wayne.

Tonight, I'll try to prove it.

To be continued...

6 comments:

Chad Nevett said...

You're crazy!

randyhate said...

that makes so much more sense than alfred.

i kept rolling my eyes when it kept getting suggested. but then i doubted myself. if it was so obvious that it could not be alfred, maybe morrison would have it be him.

then i thought better and was just happy to find out when it happens, but this idea does make some sense.

Marc Caputo said...

And as soon as I read that, the line from Sonic Youth's "Schizophrenia" came across my mind -

"Jesus had a twin who knew nothing of sin."

Don't know why, that's just what happened.

Timothy Callahan said...

Morrison quotes that exact line in Doom Patrol #19.

Maybe that's why.

Richard said...

I've been waiting for someone to suggest this. I agree.

I'd also been wondering why no one has mentioned Morrison and Quietly's Earth Two book -- especially since one aspect of Morrison's recent DCU work is the drawing together and consolidation of ideas from his work into a Morrisonverse of shared reference points, for instance Solaris and Qwewq showing up in ASS -- and Thomas Jr. is there.

Now waiting to see what corroborative evidence you've found...

Marc Caputo said...

Well, now that's just creepy.