Saturday, December 13, 2008

Green Arrow/Black Canary #15 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Green Arrow/Black Canary #15, about which I write the following sentences: "Because this feels a lot like a Judd Winick-written comic, otherwise. It has the same awkward tonal shifts that characterized Winick's run, as Dinah makes jokes with a knife slicing into her throat, and as the word 'condom' deflates an otherwise sentimental moment. It has a moment of inexplicable violence (or implied consequences of violence) on the final page, just like the one this series began with. If I didn't see Kreisberg's name on the credits, I would have assumed it was the same writer as the previous fourteen issues."

Read the entire review HERE.

1 comment:

Martin Gray said...

Nice review, I pretty much agree:

http://dangermart.blogspot.com/2008/12/green-arrow-and-black-canary-15.html

Though the cover didn't impress me.