Friday, February 15, 2008

Booster Gold #0 Hits THE SPLASH PAGE

Chad Nevett and I are back in action with another exciting SPLASH PAGE column at Sequart.org. This week, we explore yellow goggles, time travel, Blue Beetles, metafiction, and continuity as we provide a close reading of this week's Booster Gold #0.

You can read the column HERE.

One comment I failed to make in my discussion with Chad is that the original Booster Gold series featured a dollar sign instead of an "s," symbolizing Booster's greedy nature, while this new series has an infinity sign instead of the "oo" in BOOster. Except the infinity sign looks more like a link of chain. Does this signify that Booster Gold is trapped inside the rigid chains of continuity, never able to affect the past, present, or future? Or does it mean that Booster has replaced his cash money with bling?

1 comment:

Chad Nevett said...

It means that reading this boring-as-hell comic feels like forever.

Oh, and did I ever tell you why I keep wanting to like Geoff Johns's comics? I interviewed him three years ago for my school paper and ended up having a really great conversation with the guy for a couple of hours. Turns out, we agree on a lot of stuff about comics--except I don't like anything he writes. I feel guilty about that since he's a really nice guy... so, every once in a while, I'll pick up something of his in the hopes that this will be the comic that wows me. Maybe that DCU #0 he's doing with Morrison will be that comic.