Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Callahan Gallery--Samurai Squirrel


Here's a drawing I did last Spring to amuse my AP English class. I had already drawn Ninja Gerbil (co-created by Erin Floriani) and pinned it to the wall (and if I find a copy of that illustration lying around, I'll post it here someday), and we had watched Kurosawa's "Throne of Blood" earlier in the year and just finished reading Nabokov's "Pnin," so I had samurais and squirrels on my mind anyway.

If you've been in my classroom, you've seen this drawing. Most people think it's a photocopy of a coloring book page or something. But nope--it just looks that way because I outlined the figure with a Sharpie to give it a bold presence.

You can't go wrong with putting armor on a cute little furry creature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that Samauri Squirrel could totally kick Ninja Gerbils Ass, he has armor and a sword. Way cooler.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that when I google my own name, this is what comes up.