Thursday, March 23, 2006

And An Update on My Column



As I posted a few weeks ago, I have joined sequart.com as a columnist. Originally I had planned to write a bi-weekly column which provided an analysis of Grant Morrison's work from Zenith until now. If I spent one column on each major work, I would have caught up to Morrison by the middle of 2007. After re-reading Zenith, however, I found so much stuff to write about that I've had to revise those plans. Now I will post the Sequart column weekly, and I will take as many columns as I need to cover each work. I had to make this change (and Mike Phillips, my editor, agreed with me) because I couldn't possibly condense my analysis to only a few pages. So my Zenith analysis will take four columns, and I've written the first two already. Each column has ended up being about 10 pages long--so by the time I'm done with Zenith alone, I will have 40 pages of analysis. And it's good stuff, too! You'll see when you read it. You'll see that Morrison's work is dense with allusion and symbolism, and his themes are profound.

The first analysis column will go live on Monday (3/27), and from then on it will begin its weekly run for as long as I have stuff to write about (which will be years). Check it all out on Monday and let me know what you think about the column, about Grant Morrison, and about anything else on your mind.

1 comment:

David Golding said...

Enjoyed your column, as you know. I love Morrison, but have never read Zenith Phase II or III, so I'll look forward to finding out more about them.

Earlier this year I wrote a series of posts about the 'Arcadia' storyline of The Invisibles, which is here, if you're interested.

I'm impressed with the scope of your column, good luck!